Minimalism versus Product “Back Ups”

november 18, 2015 | by mercedes | filed under: makeup

This is the entirety of my “back up” stash. Not new terminology to beauty junkies, some of us like to hoard multiples of our favorite products, for fear we’d ever be without them. Technically the Christopher Drummond Concealer is an “extra” rather than a can’t-live-without product, but I threw it in for good measure. So basically you’ll never find me without:

Juice Beauty CC Cream in Warm Glow

Zuzu Luxe Liquid Eyeliner in Raven

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

[Christopher Drummond/Hynt Beauty Duo-Phase Hydrating Concealer in Light]

Studio 78 Bronzer in We Evade [complete with BeauTeaBar bow still adorning the box!]

LaVanilla Deodorant [this one is Vanilla Lemon]

What are the products you absolutely CAN’T live without?

One thought on “Minimalism versus Product “Back Ups”

1. November 20, 2015 at 8:50 pm

Better Than Sex! My fave๐Ÿ’—

• lamouretlamusique
      November 22, 2015 at 2:40 pm

So good right?! About to bust into this second tube imminently!

2. Jen
    November 21, 2015 at 10:19 am

Hi Mercedes, I’m curious what shade you use of the studio 78 bronzer, white sand or desert sand? Thanks!!

• lamouretlamusique
      November 22, 2015 at 2:39 pm

Hi! I use Desert Sand, the darker of the two. I remember I initially hemmed and hawed about which to go with, but was afraid White Sand wouldn’t show up as much as I wanted too. I have to use a stippling brush and very light hand with Desert Sand, but I ADORE it <3

3. Jen
    November 23, 2015 at 5:15 pm

Thanks Mercedes, thatโ€™s good to know! A Canadian online boutique (clementinefields.ca) has that shade on sale for $22 CDN! I was hesitant to try the darker shade so itโ€™s good to know that it works for you. Iโ€™m going to be ordering the studio 78 concealer very soon so I might just have to get the bronzer too :)

• lamouretlamusique
      November 27, 2015 at 12:05 pm

Yes, dooooo it! Those are two staple products in my makeup bag and have been for years.